Expand my Community achievements bar.

intermittent App.LaunchURL() issue

Former Community Member

In LiveCycle Designer I added a button that calls LaunchURL to the PDF. The PDF is deployed on a webserver and it is loaded in IE8 running the latest Reader (9.3.1) plugin.

Clicking the button in the PDF calls the App.LaunchURL function but it does not always launch the specified URL as expected.

On Windows 7 (32 bit) LaunchURL call fails to navigate to an XDP document on the website in ~90% of the cases. According to the HTTP logs, the Reader requests the XDP document from the website and the URL changes in the browser to the XDP document but the XDP document does not get loaded in the browser and IE window becomes blank. If I refresh the browser then the XDP document gets loaded finally. If I specify in the 2nd parameter of LaunchURL to open the URL in a new window then navigation works but I need this loaded in the same IE window which fails intermittently.

However, the navigation in the same window always works under Windows XP with the same Reader version. (9.3.1)

So this seems to be a Windows 7 specific Reader bug that is related to navigating to XDP documents. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

0 Replies