Expand my Community achievements bar.

Insert/Delete a page in LiveCycle Designer disabled

Level 1

I am working with an 8 page form and am trying to delete the last page on the file, however when I try the 'Delete Page' option is disabled or 'greyed out'. I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.05.2... and created the form in LiveCycle. It also won't give me the option to insert a page (also a form created in livecycle designer). Anyone have any ideas or seen this problem before? I am going through everything trying to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies

Level 10

Can you post your form so it can be looked at?

You can upload it to acrobat.com using these steps:

1) goto acrobat.com website
2) login with your Adobe login/password.
3) In Actions you will find Upload. Select your form and upload.
4) After uploading, select form name in All Files section and right click and select share.
5) Check the checkbox "Allow anyone with a link to view this document".
6) Copy the URL link and post it in the forum.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

https://acrobat.com/#d=wR6jRC0G4f76GSzqUtjYZA

There are 8 pages and I am trying to replace the last three pages.

Level 10

Your form seems to be generated by Microsoft Word by converting a word document to PDF.

LiveCycle may not able to recognize the subforms in the form and disabled the Delete menu for subforms.

The best option will be delete the pages directly from Microsoft word document and then do the conversion to PDF.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Unfortunately, that is not an option, I have spent about 4 days trying to get that form the way it is as LiveCycle only picked up half of the form objects so I had to insert them myself and there are too many. If anyone else has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time Srini.

Former Community Member

Your form was created from another source and the options that you chose created an image of the original form, where you laid fields on top of the image (this is called an image PDF or a PDF made from Artwork). So the pages do not really exist hence you cannot chnage the background....only the fields. That is why those options are greyed out.

You can however change the image and bring that back in. Back in the nativce application, delete those pages that you do not want. Now print to PDF (make a PDF out of the doc file). This PDF will not have those extra pages because you removed them. Now back in Designer open your form. Under the Edit menu, choose the "Replace Artwork" option. A wizard will come up and allow you to pick a new PDF (that is the background of your form). Choose the new PDF that you just created.

Paul

Level 1

This problem has plagued me as well.  It is maddening that there is no way to insert or delete pages from within LiveCycle Designer.  But, I think I have a work around!

1. Open the form in Adobe Acrobat.
  2. In the Document menu, select Extract Pages.
  3. Extract the first five pages of the document (or what ever you need, leaving out what you don't need). 
  4. Save the extracted pages as your new form.

Level 1

This didn't work since the number of pages in each document must match and three blank pages at the end is unacceptable.

Level 4

I always found it was a subform issue. I am able to delete pages by removing all items on that page, then selecting the subform for the page itself from the hierarchy tab, delete the subform and you will get a warning message that you are trying to delete the last subform for the page, click delete and then the page should delete.

Level 1

Jeanette, maybe I was doing something wrong, but I tried this several times and it didn't work. 

Level 1

If you have page numbering then you have to start with the original word document.

You can double click the last page number you require and change it to be, for example 6 of 6 (even though the next page will state 7 of 6.)

Then you convert the word document to a .pdf and save as.

Now open the existing .pdf in Adobe LiveCycle and replace the artwork with the newly numbered .pdf that you have just created.

Now after saving the edited form, you can open it in Adobe Acrobat and extract the pages that you wish to keep (for example I chose pages 1 to 6)

This will generate a new .pdf titled -Pages of- as the name of the document so if you save that as your final then that should be it.