Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Importing XML in a loop

Level 10

Hi,

We have a certified form where the user (with Acrobat) clicks a button that imports a relevant XML file based on the data that the user has provided. Basically they input a number and the script builds a filename string for the XML file and then imports that file. This works fine.

The issues is that we want to have a mechanism where the user can input a range of numbers in a single operation. We have a separate script which:

• Creates a clean array from the numbers.
  • Using a loop, builds the first XML file name, import this XML file, print the form, AND then loops through to the next number in the array and repeats the process.

The trouble is that the first import invalidates the digital signature/certified form and the second loop fails silently.

Two potential approaches:

1. Script a solution to validate the digital signature after each import XML in the loop. I suspect that this would be a security violation and would not be permitted. Any views?
  2. Process the XML outside of the form and then import as a single XML, where the page is now set to repeat. The trouble with this apprach is that there is a lot of data on the Master Page and this will not work when combining multiple XML files into a single XML file for import. I can't get around not having these objects on the Master Page, as it is a dynamic form with potentially unlimited number of pages. Any ideas?

The client is using Acrobat and is unlikely to upgrade to the Enterprise Suite or ADEP. The current option is to manually input each number on the form, import, print, validate signature AND then start with a new number. This is very slow and Option 1 above would be the ideal solution.

Thanks,

Niall

1 Reply

Level 10

Talking to Paul and he solved it!

Thanks Paul!