Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Import of Records in LC XDP file causes Acrobat Reader to crash

Level 2

I have a 2 page form I've created in LiveCycle Designer 8.2.  Tried to do the whole import XML button but since we have several employees with just the reader version it would not allow them to import a file.  So option 2 was that I created a button in our Visual Basic application that automatically creates an XDP file so that all our employee has to do is run it and it has all the client's info in the binded fields.  Everything works fine on my end because I have a Dual Core 2 machine with 2 gigs of ram and a 256MB video card.  I tried running the file on a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz machine with 512 memory and although it was trying to run, it would constantly crash.  I tried running it on a local Pentium 4 machine with 512 ram and although it ran it did take at least 5 minutes to process and I'm only biding 2 fields but since it's a 2 page form, it doubles the PDF to 1200 pages since it will be a back and front form to be printed.  So just wondering if there's any other solutions I can try without having Reader crash or hang.  The form is saved as a Dynamic PD, no embedded font is saved and there are no graphic images.  Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 10

It looks like some thing related to the binding/ rendering the PDF since you mentioned 2 page form is doubled to 1200 Page PDF. Can you explain how you are binding the XML data with your form. That may give some clues for this issue..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

You helped me with this form before.  I sort of solved the problem by adding  a total of 2 gig of memory in the system and although slugish at least did not crash.

Level 2

The programmer create an button in his visual basic application that

extracts client information into a XDP file. He then had to do something in

Acrobat Pro to re-save the XDP file according to the PDF file. He then told

me to have employees just click on the XDP file which loads up the PDF form

and puts in the data. The bindings are using XML format. Because we have

about 600 clients it takes about 3 minutes to add their names to the two

binded fields. I was just surprised that I had to add 2 gigs of memory to

get it work. Unfortunately he told me that they cannot save the form

because it messes up some unique id number in the XDP file.