Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I would make the signature field read only until something is entered in the mandatory fields.

Level 1

I would make the signature field read only until something is entered in the mandatory fields.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Attached a sample file that has two text fields and one signature field , the signature field enables only when some values are typed in both the text fields.

Steps to achieve this :

1) disable  the signature field when the form loads

2) enable it when both the text field values are not null

--Santosh

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

another option would be to put validations in the fields that you are expecting to have user entered values in them in the preSign() even of the signature field

--Santosh

Level 1

How can i do this .. would you please explain the steps

thank you

Mina Morris

Correct answer by
Employee

Attached a sample file that has two text fields and one signature field , the signature field enables only when some values are typed in both the text fields.

Steps to achieve this :

1) disable  the signature field when the form loads

2) enable it when both the text field values are not null

--Santosh

Level 1

thank you for quick replays .. i have read the attached  file .. and  it's exactly what i want to do .. but i still don't know how can i do this .

i mean .. how can i disable  the signature field when the form loads? .. how can i enable it when both the text field values are not null? .. as you explain in your message.

many thanks to you dear ....

Mina Morris

Employee

Mina,

You can use LiveCycle Designer's Action Builder to easily achieve this.

Please go through online documentation for the specific version of LiveCycle Designer that you are using.

It is intuitive and very easy to use Action Builder (You will find this option under Tools Menu item of Designer).

--Santosh

Level 1

what is the version Of Adobe Live Cycle designer that contain Of (Action Builder) in Tools?

many thanks to you dear ..

Mina Morris

Employee

Which version of Designer do you have? I think it's available from LiveCycle Designer ES2 and above.

--Santosh

Level 1

version ES8.2 and it doesn't contain (Action Builder) i'll try to get another version

thanks alot

Mina Morris

Employee

You will see that option in ES2 or 9.0 version or above

--Santosh