Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I need subforms to "flow" up from page 2 to page 1

Level 2

My form is a letter that contains a list of twenty sentences which the user can include or exclude from the letter.  I have made each sentence a button & written a JavaScript to make the buttons' presence "hidden" when clicked.  I created the subforms so that as each button is clicked (and becomes hidden), the following buttons move up the page so that there is no white space.  Users (internal employees) can click on as many buttons as needed (to hide those sentences) so that only the sentences they want to include in the letter will remain.  My problem is - I cannot get the buttons on page 2 to move up onto page 1.  When the user is finished, the letter will be only 1 page and include 3 or 4 of the sentences.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to set the Page1 subform to be Flowed content instead of Positioned..Add all the sections of Page2 to Page1. You only need one Page when you are using the Flowed property. That way all the contents in the form will be realigned to remove the space in between.

If you still have issues, you send the problem file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to set the Page1 subform to be Flowed content instead of Positioned..Add all the sections of Page2 to Page1. You only need one Page when you are using the Flowed property. That way all the contents in the form will be realigned to remove the space in between.

If you still have issues, you send the problem file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thanks, Srini.  When I do that, I lose the ability to change the X / Y coordinates of each field.  Everything is now left-justified.  What is the work-around?

Level 10

You can send the problem file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini