Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I have adobe acrobat 9 that came with Adobe Livecycle Designer ES. I have created a form last week. Everytime I try to open the lifecycle form to make changes, the program crashes. I am using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 1

I have adobe acrobat 9 that came with Adobe Livecycle Designer ES. I have created a form last week. Everytime I try to open the lifecycle form to make changes, the program crashes. I am using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You became a victim of a very old bug in Designer 8.

Open your tds-file with an editor like Notepad++ and search for a the following expression.

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?>

if this appears several times in a row delete all instances exept the first. Once you have removed all this duplicates, the form should open without any problem.

1275737_pastedImage_0.png

The has been a service pack available in the past that fixed this. But I couldn't find a link anymore since this has been released already 7 years ago.

Update for LiveCycle Designer 8.2 | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Which program is crashing? Acrobat 9 or LiveCycle Designer ES?

Level 1

LiveCycle Designer ES. Also, it is Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

Level 10

So both programs are crashing with your form? Does this only happen with this particular form? Then it might be faulty. Can you share it? So we can see if there ist a way to fix it.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You became a victim of a very old bug in Designer 8.

Open your tds-file with an editor like Notepad++ and search for a the following expression.

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?>

if this appears several times in a row delete all instances exept the first. Once you have removed all this duplicates, the form should open without any problem.

1275737_pastedImage_0.png

The has been a service pack available in the past that fixed this. But I couldn't find a link anymore since this has been released already 7 years ago.

Update for LiveCycle Designer 8.2 | Adobe LiveCycle Blog