Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Hyperlinks don't work in PDF Form

Level 1

We use Acrobat Pro 10 / LiveCycle Desginer to create our fill-able forms to then publish on our website.  Our users can click the form on our webpage, the PDF opens in Chrome just fine and they can fill in the fields.  But when a user trys to click on the Hyperlinks, the Hand doesn't turn into the Finger allowing you to click the link and go to the webpage.  When looking at the properties of this PDF, I can see there are restrictions.  I only want to allow my customers to click on the Hyperlinks.  Keep in mind, they are using Chrome with default Chrome PDF Viewer.  Also, many of our internal users do not use Adobe to view/edit PDFs.  Their default PDF viewer if eCopy or PowerPDF, so when they open this form in those applications, the Hyperlinks do not work either.  The hyperlinks only work if I open with Adobe.

Also, I saw a security restriction in the document properties where is says can only be opened with Acrobat.

Is there way to modify this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

We tell all of our customers that official Adobe products are required to view and use the forms correctly. We cannot guarantee that the forms will work as expected otherwise. We have had a LOT of issues with customers opening (or trying to open) the forms outside of Adobe, and they never work quite right. Mind you, we use dynamic forms almost exclusively.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

We tell all of our customers that official Adobe products are required to view and use the forms correctly. We cannot guarantee that the forms will work as expected otherwise. We have had a LOT of issues with customers opening (or trying to open) the forms outside of Adobe, and they never work quite right. Mind you, we use dynamic forms almost exclusively.