Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

hyperlink opening up outllok with only to: email address

Level 2

Hi All,

I am using adobe livecycle designer 8.

I need to open an outlook application with to: e-mail address when user clicks on text (Email address).

There is no INSERT->HYPERLINK option in this version. So I have used app.launchURL( "emailID", 1);

But the problem it is opening up an internet explorer and also outlook. But I want only outlook to open.

When I use email submit button, It is attaching PDF in the mail. But I don't want the attachment and subject.

All I want is when a static text is clicked, the outllok application should open with only to address.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Vasu

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You should be able to create a text box, hilight the section of text referring to the email then right click on the highlighted text and select insert hyperlink

Level 2

Unfortunately when I right click on the highlighted text the option "insert hyperlink" is not available in Adobe lIve Cycle Designer 8.0 version.

Is there any work around?

Regards,

Vasu

Former Community Member

Hi Vasu

I am running Version 8.2 and it works fine.

The other way is to edit the xml directly. You should have the xml tab in the designer view

Click on the text box you wish to add the hyperliunk to before you click on the xml tab

Then when you enter the xml view the text box you have highlighted will be shown  (in code)

you need to find the section similar to below

<value>
               <exData contentType="text/html">
                  <body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/" xfa:APIVersion="2.7.0.0"><p style="text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:0in"><span style="font-family:'Myriad Pro';font-size:10pt">Your Text</span></p></body>
               </exData>
            </value>

Your text will be contained within the body tags

Find the specific portion of text and add in  <a href="mailto:name@email.com">  before your text and </a> after your text.

e.g. <a href="mailto:name@email.com">  Your Hyperlink Text </a>

This should Work

Let me know if it doesn't

Level 2

Hi Paull,

Thanks for the reply!.

I am using adobe live cycle designer 8.0 n SAP environment.

I did not find any text you mentioned realted to <a href="mailto:name@email.com">  Your Hyperlink Text </a><a href="mailto:name@email.com">  Your Hyperlink Text </a>in xml SOURCE.

Below is the code generated related to E-Mail addredd

<value>

<

text xmlns:xft-xliff="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-xliff/1.0/" xft-xliff:id="N1799">name@test.com</text>

</

value>

<

event activity="click" name="event__click">

<

script contentType="application/x-javascript">app.launchURL("name@test.com", 1);

</

script>

</

event>

Please let me know if you get any further insight into the problem.

Regards,

Vasu