Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to turn off the spell checking warnings?

Level 3

Hi, it's kind of pissing me off that I have one warning for every single text field in the form that says:

"Spell checking does not support this locale".

Is there any way to turn off that specific warning and not all of them?.

Thanks!.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can turn off all the locale warnings, which will remove them from the warnings tab but will leave the little "i" on your design view.

This option is on the palette menu of the warnings tab, click Warning Options

Warnings.JPG

Also, depending on your locale you may be able to map the locale to a locale that does support spell checking.

You do this by creating a SpellCheckLocaleMapping.xml in your app data directory (for me using ES3 it is, C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\adobe\Designer\10.0\SpellCheckLocaleMapping.xml).

My file looks like;

<LocaleMap>
<Map locale="en_AU" to="en_GB"/>
<Map locale="en_NZ" to="en_GB"/>
</LocaleMap>

Which means I get Australian and New Zealand forms spell checked as though they were British.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can turn off all the locale warnings, which will remove them from the warnings tab but will leave the little "i" on your design view.

This option is on the palette menu of the warnings tab, click Warning Options

Warnings.JPG

Also, depending on your locale you may be able to map the locale to a locale that does support spell checking.

You do this by creating a SpellCheckLocaleMapping.xml in your app data directory (for me using ES3 it is, C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\adobe\Designer\10.0\SpellCheckLocaleMapping.xml).

My file looks like;

<LocaleMap>
<Map locale="en_AU" to="en_GB"/>
<Map locale="en_NZ" to="en_GB"/>
</LocaleMap>

Which means I get Australian and New Zealand forms spell checked as though they were British.

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

I meant the i icon on the text fields, it didn't go away like you said.

I will try to map a locale. Thanks.

Edit.: Perfect, I mapped my locale and the warnings are gone.