Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to submit pdf xml data to a file server

Level 1

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I have created a dynamic pdf in livecycle designer ES, which appears as the requester wants it to. I now just need to work out how to collect the submitted data. Is it possible to submit the xml data to a file server? I have succeeded in emailing the data, but each response is separate xml attachment and would then need to collated, etc. It would be preferable to submit the data directly to a file server if this is possible. Even if it submitted into a database or something. From everything I have read so far, it seems that this is not possible, unless I am missing something. As a newbie to this, any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can submit the data as XML or URL-encoded data (HTTP POST). In either case you will need to have a server-side process to receive and parse the data stream. The server-side process may be a JSP, a servlet, PHP or any technology that can manage HTTP requests/responses.

See About submitting data using a button at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/000330.html .

Steve

Level 1

Thanks for that Steve. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the correct answer I guess. I wasn't missing anything, just trying to do the impossible. Unless I can convince one of my colleagues to assist with this who has the required skills and resources, I will be continuing with the email method. regards, Jenny

Former Community Member

If it's just files you want, capturing the data on the server and dumping it into a file can be done in three lines of php code.