Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to show / hide one paragraph of text in a letter so para is dynamic

Level 1

I need one paragraph of  text to appear in a page (a ldynamic letter) when an activity is performed such as the user clicking on a radio button. This is to make the text dynamic i.e. only included on the page when the user wishes. What is the best way to achieve this? I'm already using drop down lists and switch scripts where there is a choice of more than one paragraph of text to be included, but don't know how to just show one paragraph.

3 Replies

Level 6

Set page (P1) to flow content

In the check box:

FormCalc:

if ($.rawValue==1)then
P1.subformname.presence="visible"
else P1.subformname.presence="hidden"
endif

Place your paragraph of text in a subform (referenced as subformname above).

Set this subform as Position Content within the flowing subform above

Set this subform presence as hidden, exclude from layout

Level 1

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm quite a novice with Livecycle and scripting and wasn't that sure about your instructions - my fault not yours!

In the meantime I've inserted a button and attaced the following script:

topmostSubform.Page1.Button1::click: - (JavaScript, client) ----------------------------------

// Toggle the presence attribute of the Field.

if

(TextField1.presence == "visible") {

TextField1.presence

= "invisible";

TextField1.presence

= "invisible";

}

else {

TextField1.presence

= "visible";

TextField1.presence

= "visible";

}

This allows the text to be inserted or removed, but does not close the whitespace gap when the dynamci text is not being inserted, e.g. the gap between Dear Mrs Thompson, and the static text which would follow the text being inserted. The dynamic text has a placeholder within the page and I need this to disappear /close up when the dynamic text is not inserted.

Dear Mrs Thompson (static)

placeholder for dynamic text ...........

more static text

Can you help?

Level 6

floating field will solve your problem