Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to remove warning "Cannot Save Form Information"

Level 2

docOpenWarn.jpg

I have created a XFA pdf file(using LC Designer 8.2) to display this issue but I an not able to attach the pdf so plz bare with me with the explaination

click event js:

function activateUser() {
  var PDFVersion=xfa.host.variation+xfa.host.version;
  xfa.host.messageBox("button click event registered");
  xfa.form.form1.sendForm.welcomeMsg.presence = "invisible";
  xfa.form.form1.sendForm.successMsg.presence = "visible";
};

Steps to get the warning:
1) Open the attached pdf using Acrobat Reader.
2) Click the "Confirm Enrollment" button
3) The adobe reader gives a warning "Cannot Sav Information"

Summary of the XFA pdf:
It has two text fileds. On button click event the field A is made invisisble & field B is made visible.
On opening the pdf in reader it should not throw this warning message.

My Efforts:
1) I can avoid this warn message by adding RRE to the pdf but I don't want to add RRE as I just want modify the UI(no form submit ir required).

I have a base pdf & I want to update the pdf with user specific data. I have no requirement to make it a form(no form submit is required)

Please help me resolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I am sure you can't script for this message to not appear. If a form that is not Reader Extended is opened in Reader, as soon as the user interacts with the form the message is hardwired to appear.

I am not sure what else is going on in the form. Are you talking to a database when the user clicks the button? The script: "function activateUser" and "successMsg" implies something is happening behind the scenes.

Here is a summary of deployment options for Acrobat/Reader users: http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Using_LiveCycle_Forms_in_Acrobat_and_Reader-16518.html

If all you are going is clicking a button and showing / hiding two messages then if you use Acrobat to create an AcroForm. Then provided all you use is buttons then the warning will not appear. So your two messages would have to be done up as images and used as the background to buttons. As soon as an AcroForm has an input eg textfield, then it recognises it as a form and will display the warning, but if it just has buttons then no warning.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I am sure you can't script for this message to not appear. If a form that is not Reader Extended is opened in Reader, as soon as the user interacts with the form the message is hardwired to appear.

I am not sure what else is going on in the form. Are you talking to a database when the user clicks the button? The script: "function activateUser" and "successMsg" implies something is happening behind the scenes.

Here is a summary of deployment options for Acrobat/Reader users: http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Using_LiveCycle_Forms_in_Acrobat_and_Reader-16518.html

If all you are going is clicking a button and showing / hiding two messages then if you use Acrobat to create an AcroForm. Then provided all you use is buttons then the warning will not appear. So your two messages would have to be done up as images and used as the background to buttons. As soon as an AcroForm has an input eg textfield, then it recognises it as a form and will display the warning, but if it just has buttons then no warning.

Good luck,

Niall