Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to remove javascript from a form?

Level 1

Because some users have javascript disabled in their Acrobat readers I’d like to remove all javascript from a pdf-form I have so that the users with js disable don’t get the dialog every time opening a file. As far as I know there’s no need for javascript on the page. How do I disable or remove js from a pdf-form in Adobe Livecycle Designer ES 8.2 ? Thanks!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

The easiest way to see all scripts is by clicking on the root node (normally form1) in the hierarchy view. Now resize your script editor to make it at least 3/4 of your screen (gives you area to work in). In the event drop down choose "Events with Scripts"

screen2.png

This will show all scripts in the script editor. See image below:

screen1.png

The areas I marked in blue indicate a change from one event to the other. DO NOT ERASE THESE LINES. You can highlight each script in the event marked by the line number on the left (to turn on line numbers right click in the editor and click "Show Line Numbers". Basically if the line has a line number - delete it if it does not leave it alone.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul! I had not noticed that there was more to the script editor than met the eye (the resize thing) Here is a picture of what I found.

pdf_js.png

I followed your instructions and deleted the lines with line numbers. Now when I saved and re-opened the document my “Events with Scripts” view is completely empty. Still when I open the document in Reader it says “This document contains JavaScripts. Do you want to enable JavaScripts from now on? The document may not behave correctly if they’re disabled”.

Any ideas what to do? When I select “Show all events” there’s a lot of lines with (JavaScript, client) after them.. could this have something to do with it?

pdf_js_all.png

- Janne

Former Community Member

Depending on how the PDF was created there may document level script (put there by the creation of the PDF) that you cannot get rid of. There may also be a scripting object (look in the hierachy view) under the variables tab - is there anything there? Can you post the form so I can see it?

Paul

Level 1

Didn't see the variables tab in the heirarchy view, but nothing in the the tab in the Form Properties dialog box. Attached a stripped version of the form, still having the same problem. I'd appreciate if you can have a quick look at it!

Janne