Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to prevent Signing?

Former Community Member

When I click in a Digital Signature field on a Form, it pops up a dialogue for me to enter the password, how do I use javascript to prevent that dialogue window from popping up?

say, I want the user to complete certain things on the form before letting him Sign the form. 

So, when he clicks in the Signature field, I want to detect that and disable the popup window.

I tried some things, but it seems that the popup always shows up no matter what.

Is it possible to disable that at all?

If it's possible to disable, would that work in a CAC-card environment also?

I mean, user uses his CAC to Sign instead of typing in a password.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You cannot disable the dialog that prompts the user for the password (to their credential) when signing, but you could have the signature field initially set to "Read Only", and have a script that validates the data to ensure all of the required fields are completed, if they are, then set the Signature Field to "open" so the user can now click it.  This concept would work for the CAC card scenario as well.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You cannot disable the dialog that prompts the user for the password (to their credential) when signing, but you could have the signature field initially set to "Read Only", and have a script that validates the data to ensure all of the required fields are completed, if they are, then set the Signature Field to "open" so the user can now click it.  This concept would work for the CAC card scenario as well.

Regards

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----