Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to Page Break, Livecycle form with combined merged file

Level 1

Good morning to you all and happy Friday for those that have the weekend off.

I would like to know what is the proper/easy way to do a page break. I recently created a file in Adobe Livecycle and merge this file with another PDF file that I'm using as a cover sheet to a Notice that I will be distributing pretty soon.

The reason i would like to add a page break is to seperate the "intendent cover sheet" with the rest of the sheets which are a notice. I want to be able to set the print properties to 2 sided print job but seperate the first sheet from the rest.

Any tips?

Also, I wanted to add. Since Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro does not allow XML files to be combined, instead of saving my livecycle designer form I had to print to Primo PDF that way i could save a non XML version of my form and be able to use the combine feature within Acrobat 9 Pro.

....My original document was saved as .tds that way i could edit when needed. Just thought i would bring the above to the readers attention so they would know what I did.

Since i print to Primo PDF i am now able to use my file in Acrobat and combine it with another PDF file that i have that i want to use as a cover sheet. This is where i want to seperate the 1st page when printing so the rest of the pages do not print on the back side of the cover sheet when selecting print 2 sided

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Well with some good research i found my answer and the best solution was setting up forms for print. For those that have stumbled on this "Using page sets to control single-side and double-sided printing in a form" works great for XML files which are non merged with non XML.

For those that have non XML files as you combined non XML files in one "Inserting a blank page after the first page in a form intended for double-sided printing" is the solution your looking for. Headache free as page set controls and Master page placement are unavailable for non XML.

I'm able to add the controls and master page set on my original XML file but since i had to convert it to non XML to combine it with another non XML file these features are out the door.

Hope all have a great weekend.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

Well with some good research i found my answer and the best solution was setting up forms for print. For those that have stumbled on this "Using page sets to control single-side and double-sided printing in a form" works great for XML files which are non merged with non XML.

For those that have non XML files as you combined non XML files in one "Inserting a blank page after the first page in a form intended for double-sided printing" is the solution your looking for. Headache free as page set controls and Master page placement are unavailable for non XML.

I'm able to add the controls and master page set on my original XML file but since i had to convert it to non XML to combine it with another non XML file these features are out the door.

Hope all have a great weekend.