Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

how to make a dropdown menu/popup menu

Level 2

Hi!

I have a form with 15 textfield, but i want to show some textfield not all when the form is inicialized, and clicking on a button to show all

duda.jpg

I need something like that, when i click on "ver más información" i need to display all textfield than i have defined in this seccion.

I don´t kwow how i can to do, i estableshed properties "invisible" and "hidden" in texfields, but shows the blank space where I have hidden textfield when the form is inicialized.

duda2.jpg

an apology for my bad English

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you open the example in LC Designer, and select page1. You will see in the Object > Subform tab that the page is set to Flowed content, top to bottom.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you want objects to move on the page, then the containing subform needs to be set to flowed.

I not sure I get what you are trying to achieve with the fragments, but these will just be objects on the form, so you can set their presence in the same way.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Setting the presence to "invisible" will hide the content, however the objects are still taking up the space on the form, its just that the user cannot see them.

Now if you set the presence to "hidden" it also has the effect of hiding the objects, but also means that the objects are not taking up the space any more. This allows for objects beneath can move up to take up the free space.

HOWEVER, for this to work, the form must be saved as Dynamic XML AND the root container or subform containing the objects must be set to Flowed subform (top to bottom).

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall!

Thank´s for your answer, but i have 2 questions, first, i don´t understand this "AND the root container or subform containing the objects must be set to Flowed subform (top to bottom)"

And I have to create a independent fragment for each group information, one fragment to information that i need to show and other fragment for the information hidden?

Thank´s

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you open the example in LC Designer, and select page1. You will see in the Object > Subform tab that the page is set to Flowed content, top to bottom.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you want objects to move on the page, then the containing subform needs to be set to flowed.

I not sure I get what you are trying to achieve with the fragments, but these will just be objects on the form, so you can set their presence in the same way.

Good luck,

Niall