Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to ling drop-down value to another field

Level 1

I have a dropdown that has a few hundred common medical descriptions and in binding I have manual values set for each that is the resultant medical code. For simplicity sake the dropdown list will be:

N/A

One

Two

Three

and the value relations:

ValueItem
0N/A
A1One
A2Two
B1Three

After the dropdown is a text field labled Medical Code.

I need two things to happen. If a Medical code is entered the appropriate description is selected. If a description is selected the medical code is automatically populated.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Message was edited by: bmmcwhirt

P.S. I forgot to mention I prefer to use javascript for the scripting language.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bryan,

If I get you correctly, then this can be achieved by giving the same name to the dropdown and the textfield. Then select one of them and in the Object > Binding palette set the binding to Global.

There is an example here linking two dropdowns, which should give you a start: http://assure.ly/jtTkdO.

In your case it is simplier.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bryan,

If I get you correctly, then this can be achieved by giving the same name to the dropdown and the textfield. Then select one of them and in the Object > Binding palette set the binding to Global.

There is an example here linking two dropdowns, which should give you a start: http://assure.ly/jtTkdO.

In your case it is simplier.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Niall,

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed. I havent gotten this far in my layout yet so this may not be an issue as Im watching a tutorial on this now, but will this affect that I will have 10-50 fo these fields addd dynamically? I'm watching one of the Adobe video tutorials now but figured I'd just ask in case the video doenst answer the question.

Thanks again.

Bryan