Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to limit the number of boxes to tick in LC

Level 2

I would like to know the "javascript" in Lice Cycle to limit the number of boxes ticked

for example i have 20 boxes and i would like that the client can only tick 5 boxes

thank you

3 Replies

Former Community Member

This is a form validation issue. For example, you may have a text field and the value entered into that field determines which checkboxes must be completed to satisfy a validation or business rule. The attached sample requests the value "foobar" to be entered into a text field. If you enter "foobar" and exit the field, 2 of 3 checkboxes have the access property changed to "protected", meaning a user cannot select those checkboxes.

// form1.page1.subform1.input::exit - (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue == "foobar") {
    form1.page1.subform1.cb2.access = "protected";
    form1.page1.subform1.cb3.access = "protected";
}

Steve

Level 2

Thank you Steeve

But my problem is that i don't know which boxes the client will want to tick so all boxes have to be available at the beginning.

When the client will have ticked 5 boxes in this case and only in this case, all others boxes must become unavailable so it is very difficult to set up

if you have any idea

thanks anyway

Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:44:33 -0600

To: bpiauger@hotmail.com

Subject: How to limit the number of boxes to tick in LC

This is a form validation issue. For example, you may have a text field and the value entered into that field determines which checkboxes must be completed to satisfy a validation or business rule. The attached sample requests the value "foobar" to be entered into a text field. If you enter "foobar" and exit the field, 2 of 3 checkboxes have the access property changed to "protected", meaning a user cannot no longer select those checkboxes.

// form1.page1.subform1.input::exit - (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue == "foobar") {

form1.page1.subform1.cb2.access = "protected";

form1.page1.subform1.cb3.access = "protected";

}

Steve

>

Former Community Member

My sample assumes that all check boxes are available. Please send me a private message with an email address and I will forward the form. If you see the form it will probably make more sense and help us solve the problem.

Steve