Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to increase XMLForm servicing thread for enhancement in performance of livecycle server?

Level 1

Hi,

When we are generationg PDF using outputES service XMLForm thread are coming which are providing PDF reply.

But this XMLForm thead are not increasing with more number of request.

CPU usage is also not going high,so its under utilization of resources.

Provide some way so that this XMLForm Service thread can be increased and response time can be reduced with better utilization of CPU.

Environment description is as below.

Server :- JBOSS

Database :- Oracle

Any reply is highly appreciated as it will be useful for all who want to enhance the performance of livecycle.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The process pool size for XMLForm is controlled by the property:
com.adobe.xmlform.bmc.POOL_MAX

If you want to increase it from the default 4 to let's say 8, pass the following in as a JVM init argument in run.sh:
-Dcom.adobe.xmlform.bmc.POOL_MAX=8

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

The process pool size for XMLForm is controlled by the property:
com.adobe.xmlform.bmc.POOL_MAX

If you want to increase it from the default 4 to let's say 8, pass the following in as a JVM init argument in run.sh:
-Dcom.adobe.xmlform.bmc.POOL_MAX=8

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Its working.

Need your guidance in following.

Will it be improving performance in heavy load ?

Will Response time reduce in heavy load condition?

Level 7

It'll help you scale as long as your server instance has enough CPU cores and memory.

Level 1

Hi,

With your solution, I am able to create 8 XMLForm Threads, but when I am trying to load the server only three or four out of eight are utilised and are shown in load reports.

Please help me out with increase in utilization of threads.

Process / Threads are generating, but not getting utilized.

I am using JAVA API for output ES. Is it related to EJB Connection restriction?

Level 7

XMLForm is a process, not a thread.  If you see 8 of them getting started, you are indeed utilizing the system (it is seeing 8 concurrent requests or more).  I'm not sure about what your load reports are tracking but the overall CPU utilization of the server instance is a better indicator.

Level 1

Hi,

In Load testing, Adobe Livecycle server usage is staying at 30% in both the cases of 4 or 8 XMLForm processes.

On top Command replying XMLForm processes are only four in case of modified and increased to eight.

Please suggest some way for utilizing generated all 8 processes.

Is there any setting with JBOSS or livecycle or JVM size for utilizing it because We have unutilized CPU on increase of XMLForm processes?