Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to include form bookmarks in assembled document

Level 3

Hello

My assembled documents consists of pdf forms and pdf converted from word documents).  The forms are multi-paged so I would like to bookmark the major sections of the form.  Ideally the ouput document would have bookmarks created  from the the source bookmarks.  However, when the input

to the assembler include a pdf form with bookmarks the resulting assembled document does not open cleanly.  A popup appears (Warning: JavaScript Window) containg the message:  "This PDF form requires a newer version of Adobe Acrobat...."

My question is does the assembler handle PDF Forms with bookmarks ( The form bookmarks were added in Designer using JavaScript). Maybe another module (Form ES) is required.  Thanks for any information or insight.  jb1809

4 Replies

Level 2

What version of LiveCycle. is it ES or ES2

Level 3

Hello

I am using ES2 version of LiveCycle.  Thanks for any insight.

Regards

Level 2

Use the Assembler Service and DDX Reference and you need to go to page number 63. The link to the reference is

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/ddxRef.pdf

Level 3

Thank you for the reference ("working with bookmarks").  However, when I convert and assemble Microsoft word document that contained bookmarks the Microsoft word bookmarks are preserved in the assembled PDF document.  Now, when I attempt to assemble a set of documents, one of which contains a PDF form with bookmarks, I am getting errors when trying to open the assembled document ("...another version of Adobe acrobat is required to properly open the document...").

Are you able to assemble with LiveCycle an Adobe form that contains bookmarks; and open the assemble document in Adobe Acrobat without error messages.  That would be helpful to know.   Thanks for any insight.