Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to hide Delete Button in addinstance table

Former Community Member

I would like to hide the X "Delete" Button in an add instance table, so that it does not appear on the form once a user has created the table rows.

Could anyone shed some light how to do this as it would be appreicated.

3 Replies

Level 2

I personally just change the button properties and the font to white or the background of the page, the button is still there if YOU need it but it is invisible to the user, though..... if they click on it it will delete, I haven't gotten that far in learning yet on how to hide it from the user and create a box that says...... this action cannot be undone, are you sure?

Level 8

When would the button be shown then? Can't you just remove the button from the form?

Kyle

Level 2

I would think that you could add some code

Initialize  presence is visible

click event    to change the checkbox subform cell   to invisitble if this row entry cell  is not null.

My limited experience with adding rows is that if the presence is invisible adding rows, makes the new row

invisible as well.

The below is not real code it is my theory of what should happen.

Main.subform.table.row of table.cell of checkbox subform.   show if    Main.subform.table.row of table.cell of data entrycell  is null.

Main.subform.table.row of table.cell of checkbox subform.   hide if      Main.subform.table.row of table.cell of data entrycell  is not null.

Maybe someone out there with actual ability can give you an example of what the code should look like.

(ignorance is only bliss when someone else is in charge)