Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to get action-builder to recognize FormCalc calculations

Level 3

I have become very dependent on the action builder in Livecycle Designer ES2 and I have encountered a problem. The problem that I have is that I have a table in which users enter data into numeric fields and if it falls within a specific range (if it is in spec) then I use action builder to create an action that sets the value of a dropdown menu to be pass. If the value entered by the user is our of spec, I have an action that sets the value of the dropdown menu to be fail. The table would look something like this:

Measured Value
TolerancePass / Fail
8880 < Measured Value <100Pass

The problem that I have encountered is that when I use FormCalc to define the value of a field, I cannot get Livecycle to recognize the calculated value. Because of this, I cannot build any actions stemming from that numeric field. I have tried working around this by building complicated actions based on the values of the fields in the calculation, but that will not work every time.

Does anyone know how to build actions in a numeric field that is populated by a calculated value?

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

forget ActionBuilder, it's not designed for such things.

You simply need a script in the change event of the field Measure Value.

if (WithIn($event.newText, 80,100)) then

DropDownList.selectedIndex = 0

else

DropDownList.selectedIndex = 1

endif