Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to encode the xml values using Data Matrix barcode

Level 1

Hi,

Im new to using Barcodes. I need to create a form with DataMatrix ECC200 barcode using Livecycle designer and i have dataconnection for that xdp form. The barcode should be encoded with some of the fields that present in the xdp and some of the values from the xml to which i am mapping the xdp. Currently im using Automatic Scripting with Collection data to encode the fields that present in the xdp. Could you please explain how to modify the automatic script inorder to encode the values that present in the xml?

Could anyone please share any samples if it is present in forum..

Please help me!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The easiest way to encode the data you need is to use the Collections facility.

barcode_object_properties.jpg

In the object properties box simply select Collection Data in the "Apply to" drop-down list and then create a new collection.

collection_editor.jpg

In the Collection Editor you can select only the fields you need to be encoded into the Barcode.

Keep in mind that although this is the easiest method it may not work well for very large forms with multiple pages & barcodes.  For larger forms you will need to customize your own code.  In that case I don't recommend modifying the generated script.  Start from scratch.

-On another note what I would highly recommend not encoding XML directly into the Barcode itself.  You would be best to encode the data in a delimited format and then convert that data to XML on the backend.  XML takes up a great deal of space inside the barcode.