Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to do dynamic calculation on PDF Form

Level 1

Hi friends,

I need to to create a invoice page using Adobe PDF dynamic Form.

Business Requirement:-

1. User will select predifined product, Quantity, Rate and Amount would be calculated. Tax would be calculated from the below data.

2. I have a  tax table

0      - 1000    2%

1000 - 2000   5%

3000 - 4000   7%

Queries:-

- how to write script to calculate Tax based on above tax table data?  How to ref. a table data?

- how to write script keeping in mind about adding new percentage in future?

Cheers,

Victor

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Victor,

The attached contains a table that does calculations that should help you out.

p1.png

Steve

Level 10

The attached form will help you in understanding the dynamic calculations.

Reading the table data with changes in the future..

a) If your application is a standalone application, (means you distribute the .PDF file directly to the users instead of rendering the PDF based on request), then you may need to hard code the data inside the form itself. - In this case, if the table data changes, you need to change the PDF and re-distribute the form.

b) If you are rendering the PDF on the fly based on the request, then you have the option of reading the data from the table (you need to do this in the parent application which is invoking the rendering process) and make it part of the input XML at the time of rendering. You need to write your code to read the XML and do the calculations for each request. - In this case, if the table data changes, PDF will get the latest information beacause the latest info is available in the input XML.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

I cannot seem to download the sample PDF.