Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

How to disable binding information

Level 1

Hello Adobe & users,

I searched a lot on the internet, but I can't find the answer for my question.

Hopefully you can help me out.

We have Adobe Live Cycle Designer 7.0 and we design in this program the full PDF.

We are using BINDING to fill in the form from our other system.

When we save the form and go to Adobe Reader and open the file, we can see the transformed code:

form1[0].#subform[0].TESTFIELD[2]

This is where our other system not working with, but only with TESTFIELD.

How can I set it so in Designer that only TESTFIELD is visible and the other things don't appear? Is this possible?

It will costs us many time to transform form1[0].#subform[0].TESTFIELD[2] to TESTFIELD, because we have many PDF Files with many fields.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

J.P.

2 Replies

Level 10

When you say, you see "

form1[0].#subform[0].TESTFIELD[2]"..

Where are you seeing the above line?

When you say you want only the TESTFIELD to be visible and others not visible..

You can set the presence property of the fields to "hidden" to not display them on the screen.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

First off all thanks you for your answer.

I have just a textfield (with the name) e.g. TextField1.

Beside this field I've a field that must be filled from an other system of ours e.g. FillinField1.

The TextField1 is correct and no problems with it.

Only I've problems with the FillinField1.

It's making use of

form1[0].#subform[0].FillinField1[2] instead of just FillinField.

Our system can't work with all the characters of form1[0].#subform[0].FillinField1[2]

I see that text in when I open the saved PDF File in Adobe Reader, and open the FillinField1.

You see on the maintab a name, here is what it says

form1[0].#subform[0].FillinField1[2], also you see a headinginfo, but you see here the correct syntax of FillinField1, but our system is working with the name and not with the headinginfo.

I hope here is a solution for, because the solution to make the field "hidden" does not work. The filled in FillinField1 is not showing up.

Thanks again already.