Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to debug interactive form?

Level 8

Hello

I am developing an VISITOR Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP) When i opened this VISITOR interactive form in a browser, right clicking and checked form

PROPERTIES, then i saw the "PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)"

Pls. let me know how to debug my java script wrote on the interactive form? wht settings i need to to for my specifications [Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)]

Than you

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi Srinivas,

I am a bit confused regarding what are you trying to say over here, I assume that you have a PDF form and you need to edit the JavaScript for it. If this is the case then do as below.

- Open the form in LiveCycle Designer.

- Click on Windows -> Script editor.

- Drag the bar as per your convenience.

- Select the object you want to edit it's javascript.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 8

Thank you.

In the execution/run time, some fields are holding INCORRECT data, so, i want to figure out that, why theseTEXT FEIlds are displaying wrong data? Pls. let me know How to debug an INTERACTIVE form, i wrote code in Java script   

I found some inmfo as below,

Open reader, go to Menu, then EDIT option, there i need to check the check box of CONSOLE and SHOW MESSAGES.

Then, i need to use this script to get the values into javascript debugger.

-- console.println("The value is: ":HiddenField1.rawValue );

1) Pls. let me know THATS'ALL the code i need to copy & paste to start debugger?

2) Any settings other than the mentioned (MENU - EDIT...     )