Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to create a text field containing text/label that can be edited by the end user?

Level 2

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out how to create a text field containing text or a label that can be changed by the end user. Can something like this be done in LiveCycle?

Below I have a text field which contains a question and another text field where the user will enter their response. Is there a way to allow the end user to edit the question text as the example implies?

Capture.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you used a standard text field for the 'caption' you could set the default value (in the Value tab of the object palette) to the caption and set the caption to none (in the Layout palette).

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you used a standard text field for the 'caption' you could set the default value (in the Value tab of the object palette) to the caption and set the caption to none (in the Layout palette).

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Thank you very much for taking the time to point out this simple work around.  I certainly would not have found it on my own and really appreciate your help.

Have a great day.