Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to configure heap on JBoss in Windows Server 2003 running as a service?

Level 3

JBoss is encountering heap errors and I cannot increase the heap settings.  My settings are listed below and every time I increase these settings, JBoss fails to start.

"JVM Option Number 3"="-XX:PermSize=256m"

"JVM Option Number 4"="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

"JVM Option Number 5"="-Xms1024m"

"JVM Option Number 6"="-Xmx1024m"

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

What do you mean with 'increase these settings"? Are you trying to change them in the registry?

Did you try to delete the windows Jboss service and create the service again with the new memory settings?

Fot example:

JavaService.exe -uninstall JBoss420
JavaService.exe -install JBoss420 "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll" -Djava.class.path="%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar";"%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\run.jar" -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -start org.jboss.Main -params -c %JBOSS_SERVER% -b %JBOSS_MACHINE% -stop org.jboss.Main -method systemExit -out "%OUTLOG%" -err "%ERRLOG%" -current "%JBOSS_HOME%\bin" -auto -overwrite -startup 6

Good luck!

Level 3

Thank you Els,

Yes, I was trying to increase the heap and I made the changes in the registry.  The problem I have is that JBoss service terminates unexpectedly.  Before I try your solution, I will post another question.  Once again thank you,

msgtorres