Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to combine different values to one values in xpath mapping

Former Community Member

Hi everyone

I think it s simple question but I m new on Adobe Livecycle Workbench

My problem is

I Have 4 different values such as

DocType                    int                  = 369

CustomerNumber        int                 = 123456

CreateDate       string or datetime     = 01/01/2010

DNZ*#                 freetext

BarcodeGathering     string

these are my values which come from the web service (except DNZ*# and BarcodeGathering)

All I want is

I want to gather all information such as DNZ*# CustomerNumber #DocType#CreateDate into BarcodeGatehering in xpath mapping

so I tried /process_data/@BarcodeGathering         "DNZ*#" + /process_data/CustomerNumber + /process_data/DocType + /process_data/@

but İt didn t work

can you tell me the right syntax

Also If you give other examples I really appericate that

thank you very much anyway17.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The xPath to get the value of "simple type" variables is /process_data/@variableName.

If you want to combine strings together you need to use the concat function.

ex. concat( /process_data/@variableString1, /process_data/@variableString2,etc).

If you have other data types than strings, you need to convert them to strings using the string() function.

ex. concat(string(/process_data/@variableInt1), string(/process_data/@variableInt2), /process_data/@variableString1)

Jasmin

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

The xPath to get the value of "simple type" variables is /process_data/@variableName.

If you want to combine strings together you need to use the concat function.

ex. concat( /process_data/@variableString1, /process_data/@variableString2,etc).

If you have other data types than strings, you need to convert them to strings using the string() function.

ex. concat(string(/process_data/@variableInt1), string(/process_data/@variableInt2), /process_data/@variableString1)

Jasmin