Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to clear a selection from a dropdown box?

Level 1

I have created a table in LiveCycle using a dropdown box with options to select "1", "2", or "3".  The problem I am having is when I open the PDF from the user's perspective... Once I select any of the available options, I can't clear them out of the box.  This is a problem if the user accidentally selected something, but really needs to leave the space blank.  Delete and backspace won't work, and I'm basically stuck with a value once one has been selected.

How can I make it so that users can delete the selected value to make it a blank cell again?  I am a beginner at LiveCycle and FormCalc, so a step-by-step answer would be most greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I woudl add a blank entry as an option so they can choose that .....some people put the option "No Selection" to make it clear for the user.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks, but unfortunately that won't work for the purposes of this form.

I would like for the user to be able to actually clear the selection once they have selected it, making it blank again.  Any other ideas?

Former Community Member

You cannot clear the selection from inisde the list - you can clear it using a resetData command from an event outside of the list. Normally people will reste all of the data using a button but if you only want to reset the single list you can put a button beside the list to clear it.

Make sense?

Paul