Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to apply usage rights to form(the form to be editable but the form scripts should work)

Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have a form which based on check box selection, enable and disables pages of the form design.

My requirment is that when the user submits the form after filling the data, the form should be sent to another guy via eMail (as an attachment). and the person who receives this mail as an attachment should not be able to edit the fields in the form(that is right protected) but should be able to navigate to other sections by clicking on the page buttons given in the form design(that is the script in the form should work)

kinly help

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The term 'apply usage rights to form' is typically associated with an action involving LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES, through the server-side deployment of LiveCycle Reader Extensions or the client-side set of Reader Extensions services exposed in Acrobat Pro.

My answer does not apply to this use case.

Here's my suggestion:

1) add an email submit button called 'emailSubmitBtn' and set its presence to 'hidden'

2) add a button called 'emailBtn' and set the caption accordingly

3) on the 'emailBtn' click event set the target fields access to 'protected' and call the 'click' event on the email submit button 'emailSubmitBtn'

In the sample, below, I set the field 'name' to 'protected' and call the click event 'emailSubmitBtn'.

// form1.page1.emailBtn::click - (JavaScript, client)

form1.page1.subform1.name.access = "protected";

form1.page1.emailSubmitBtn.execEvent("click");

Steve