Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to access XML data from Submit Button in .NET

Level 1

Hey everyone, I've created a form using LiveCycle designer, and have a submit button to send XML data to my webserver.

<submit textEncoding="UTF-8" target="http://localhost:57179/default.aspx" embedPDF="1" format="xml"/>

What i need is to have an XML document that I can parse the data from and send it to my database.  I've got the parsing to database part down, but I can't figure out how to get the data from the PDF to my application.

What exactly is being sent when the button is clicked and how?  And how do I retrieve the XML??  it isn't a through a traditional GET/POST method is it??

I've attached the beginning part of my working code if that's of any help.  But it is simply using a saved xml document, not one coming from a PDF.

1. <%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="true" 
  2.     CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %> 
  4.     <%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml" %> 
  5.     <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> 
  6.     <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> 
  7.     <%@ Import Namespace="System.Text"%> 
  10. <script runat="server"> 
  12.     Protected Overloads Sub Page_Load(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) 
  13.         Dim doc As New XmlDocument 
  14.         doc.Load(Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/test.xml")) 
  15.         Dim root As XmlNode 
  16.         root = doc.DocumentElement 

0 Replies