Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do you remove an unwanted blank page with a repeating table?

Level 2

My table needs to repeat on each page for each looping item in my XML.  My table is inside a subform which has "Repeat Subform for Each Data Item" checked.  My form is working except a blank page is always added to the end of the document.  I tried making the table smaller, I tried removing the border, I tried all of the different pagination settings (Place/After), I tried a Conditional Break Script, I tried many other suggestions that uses provided on this forum for unwanted blank pages, and I still cannot get rid of this problem.  Attached is my PDF and XML.  Thank you for your help.

Dropbox - repeating-table.xml

Dropbox - repeating-table.pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have finally figured it out.  Bruce, you were right about "Continue Filling Parent," and I had to change other settings.

The solution:

1) Make sure all Paginations are set to "Place: Following Previous" and "After: Continue Filling Parent."

2) Make sure all Subforms "Allow Page Breaks within Content" are checked.

There should be no data binding on the page, subform, or table.  And the "Repeat Subform" should be checked.

After I changed these, the blank page went away.

Here's the fixed PDF:

Dropbox - repeating-table-fixed.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Your table object, tblMain, has pagination of "After: Go To Next Page", change that back to "Continue Filling Parent" and you should be ok.

Bruce

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have finally figured it out.  Bruce, you were right about "Continue Filling Parent," and I had to change other settings.

The solution:

1) Make sure all Paginations are set to "Place: Following Previous" and "After: Continue Filling Parent."

2) Make sure all Subforms "Allow Page Breaks within Content" are checked.

There should be no data binding on the page, subform, or table.  And the "Repeat Subform" should be checked.

After I changed these, the blank page went away.

Here's the fixed PDF:

Dropbox - repeating-table-fixed.pdf