Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do you make a text field Read Only after it is saved and distibuted?

Former Community Member

How do you make a text field read only after it is saved and distibuted?

LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2

This JavaScript code on the exit event:

textField1.access = "readOnly";

This works after the user loses focus on the field, however after it is saved and distributed, that field is no longer "read-only".

I need to have staff insert information into a text field and then distribute it out to customers, and those fields have to be protected.

How do you do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No ....it must be there to be a valid schema....but it is not used by the product when offline.

Paul

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No ....it must be there to be a valid schema....but it is not used by the product when offline.

Paul

Former Community Member

Okay, I understand now.  Thank you so much!

Today I will work on getting it connected without errors. Have a wonderful day - Eve

Level 2

Hi,

Can you please how to lock only fields in the form but not the buttons. When i am using the above script it is even locking the Buttons in the page.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----