Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How do I print to "Adobe PDF" with an encrypted pdf?

Former Community Member

I've created a form in livecycle and I want the security to be set up as such:

1) A password is required to edit the form in LiveCycle AND

2) People can print the pdf to "Adobe PDF"

I've been able to create livecycle password access, but when I put a password on the LiveCycle Access (currently: Printing Allowed: High resolution, Changes Allowed: Filling in form fields and signing existing signature fields), I get this error when I try to print it to PDF:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.

Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

How can I edit my form so I can do both.

4 Replies

Level 1

Set lower resolution for printing in security setting - 150dpi.

It´s strange error, which I am also trying to solve now. 150dpi is working fine with ´Printing allowed´, but I need to set hi-res and obviously with the same error result (postscript error).

Level 1

Anyone familiar with this? Is it some Acrobat bug?

edit. ok, now I see, hi-res is different from low-res, it´s redistilling the pdf. Um..

Level 1

I have the same problem. As soon as I add security to a pdf and select 'Printing Allowed' and 'High Resolution' unable to Print to a PDF printer. Once I select Low Resolution (150 dpi) I can then print to PDF.

Former Community Member

It´s quite some time I was solving this.. but as I already wrote and I can somehow remember(as far I´m not working on this platform for 3 years): printing 150dpi is one thing - it´s printing like a simple pic. Printing in hi-res works in completely different way - pdf must be redistilled with pdf distiller or how it was called. Means, there must be additional step before printing the pdf form. Cant remember the details.