Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How do I make fields non-mandatory if they are hidden?

Level 2

I know this question has already been answered, but I have a caveat to it. I am not super familiar with javascript, so I've been using the Action Builder on my LiveCycle Form.

When you check a checkbox, part of the form appears and when it is unchecked, the form is hidden. I've built these actions with the Action Builder. When the box is unchecked, I want the fields to be non-mandatory. Is there a way to plug in the javascript into the script that was already written in with the Action Builder, or am I going to have to go back and rescript my form?

Thanks guys!

8 Replies

Former Community Member

In the Action Builder you can add Result to your statement. So when the checkbox is checked  make the form appear AND add another Result and have the fields be mandatory.

Paul

Level 2

In the results options, there is not an option to make a field mandatory. Is that typical? Do I need to update my software?

Level 2

I just realized that I am not working on the most up to date version of Livecycle. I am working on ES2 and not ES2.5. Is this result available on ES2.5?

Level 2

I'm not sure my institution is going to upgrade to 2.5, so my question is still out there.

Former Community Member

It will work the same way in pevious releases....so you do not need ES 2.5

Paul

Level 2

Hold up, I am confused now.

You're original response indicated that if I added and action, I could also add a result that would make a field mandatory. This is to be done in the Action Builder.

However, in my version of ES2, there is no RESULT option to make a field mandatory/required.

In the older verions of LiveCycle, people said that this would need to be done by going in and using the Script Editor to change the mandatory fields by scripting it all in. (See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/759399).

This is ok, but my question is how to do it if I built the original script with the Action Builder.

Former Community Member

Sorry my bad .....you would have to go into the Action Builder and remove the action for that object. Then you can add script to whatever event you want.

Paul