Expand my Community achievements bar.

How Do I Find Legacy Versions of Designer?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have recently posted about Reader 7 performance issues (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3265455#3265455) and the latest suggestion I have received (from 4Point Adobe consultants) is to compile the forms in which ever legacy version of Designer was concurrent with Reader 7 (a long-shot we are told, but worth a try).  Web searches have been fruitless so far, can anyone here suggest how to go about identifying and acquiring the correct legacy version?

Many thanks,

Kieran

2 Replies

Former Community Member

The URL points to a post on "Dynamically changing form hierarchy". Is that the intended target?

While I have no idea what specific performance problems you are having, stepping back to Designer 7.0 or 7.1 does not seem to be the best solution. Designer engineering has gone to great lengths to support backward compatibility. Additionally, while the tooling has changed I'd be surprise if there was something you could/can do in Designer 7.x that cannot be done in Designer ES or ES2.

I am unaware of the public availability of legacy versions of Designer. If you have a Designer license you could check the Adobe licensing site or contact your sales representative for acquiring the installer through alternative means.

Steve

Former Community Member

Sorry here is the correct URL:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3260052#3260052

The problem is due to a progressive memory leak in version 7 caused by the legacy rendering.  We find it odd that we can find no specific reference to this issue from when Reader 7 was current, so the consultants suggested (albeit as a long shot) that something in the legacy Designer compilation algorithm may be different, so we're just giving it a shot.  The memory leak is caused by basic rendering interactions such as hiding subforms and making them visible again. Our client's environment is (frustratingly) locked to version 7.08.

Thanks,

Kieran