Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I make a subform conditional upon results of dropdown box?

Level 1

I have a dropdown box. I also have a subform. If you select "A," I want the subform to appear.  If you select "B", I don't want the subform to appear.  I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0.  Am I in the right forum?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I have cahnged youre code a little. You were using wrong variable in the if condition, i changed it to correct.

Now it works.

See attach.

BR

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

Example script is:

On cange event of drop down

var newtext = xfa.event.newText;

var

value = this.boundItem(newtext);

if (value == "A") {

subform.presence = "visible";

}

else if (value == "B"){

subform.presence = "hidden";

}

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 1

Thank you very much for your kind reply, Paul.  I tried it, but the subform is still displaying every time - no matter what is chosen.

The dropdown box is called CarrierType.

The subform called ForHireSubform should only be displayed if "For-Hire" is chosen from the dropdown box called CarrierType.

Would you mind having a look at the attached form to tell me where I'm going wrong?  I'm an experienced programmer, but don't have Livecycle or Javascript experience.  Thank you very much.

Level 6

Form is queued, i can't check it. Send it to bytia@ukr.net

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

I have cahnged youre code a little. You were using wrong variable in the if condition, i changed it to correct.

Now it works.

See attach.

BR

Level 1

Thank you so much for your help.  This is wonderful. It works now.  I will be able to use this code for dozens of forms at my agency.  Thanks again.