Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I create a solution with Livecycle

Former Community Member

I work for a high school and we have about 12 pdfs that we need parents to read/scroll through, then 10 (different) pages that we want them to print, complete and return to the school.  Finally, we want them to see a "Thank you, you have done all you have to do" type screen.  We want to make it as user friendly as possible so I was thinking...

Reading pages, 1 at a time with next at bottom.

Click next and it takes them on.  When they get to printing pages 1 print button prints all pages we need them to print. Click next, and it takes them to optional print pages.

Click next and it says, thank you.

How can I make this happen if I already have all the pdfs?

Help please.

John Dent

johnddent@hotmail.com

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I assume that all of these PDFs were created in Designer. If so you can add any buttons that you want to appear on every page (Next, Previous) onto the Master page then there is script you can add to the buttons to actual move the pages (xfa.host.pageDown() and xfa.host.pageUp()). The Prin button can be added to the specific page and you can pass the page numbers that you want to print as a parameter to the print command. Lastly when you get to the last page and the click Complete you can display a messageBox with your Thank you message.

Hope that helps

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you soo much. A few questions?

They weren't created in designer but could I just import all of them?

How do "build the structure" for the naviagtion?

Where/how do you add the script.

Thanks again,

John Dent

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:01:08 -0600

To: johnddent@hotmail.com

Subject: How can I create a solution with Livecycle

I assume that all of these PDFs were created in Designer. If so you can add any buttons that you want to appear on every page (Next, Previous) onto the Master page then there is script you can add to the buttons to actual move the pages (xfa.host.pageDown() and xfa.host.pageUp()). The Prin button can be added to the specific page and you can pass the page numbers that you want to print as a parameter to the print command. Lastly when you get to the last page and the click Complete you can display a messageBox with your Thank you message.

Hope that helps

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Try importing them and see if the conversion is usable (there will be two different options when you import - choose the 2nd one)

The buttons for the navigation will consist of a Next and a Previous button. You can add them to the pages after the conversion. If there are many pages you can add them to the master page then they will appear on every page.

The code will go on the click event of the button.

Paul