Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hiding a master page based on a condition

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I have created a form which has data on odd pages and some terms and condition on the back pages(even) pages. I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer ES version 8.1.2

For this I created 4 Master pages.

FirstPage - Pagination -> Odd/Even - > Odd (front) pages

Placement -> First Page (in Page set)

Front Page - Pagination -> Odd/Even - > Odd (front) pages

Placement -> Rest of pages

BackPage - Pagination -> Odd/Even - > Even (Back) pages

Placement -> Rest of pages

Dummy - Pagination -> Odd/Even - > Blank page

I dragged the content area of back page on the dummy page.

This set up works fine for printing.

I have additional requirement of archiving, emailing and faxing. While sending a email or fax or archiving, the data should be continuous, the back master page should be removed otherwise they show in alternate pages as blank pages even if i set the presence property to visible(print only) .

Are there any settings which can be done to remove the master pages that are not needed based on a codition.
Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Neha

8 Replies

Former Community Member

No ...once  a Master Page is bound you cannot remove it. I woudl suggest different versions of the form and then export and import data from one form to the other.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul for the reply.

Could you please share the correct way of creating forms for duplex printing.

When I set one master page as odd and the other as even, it doesnt work.

Could you please provide an example if possible.

Regards

Neha

Former Community Member

I do not have one but I am trying to track something down for you....it might take a day or two.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

The pages which are set to be printed on front side only are being printed on both sides if I have more than one page of those. Ideally the case should be that these pages print only on front side and a blank page is printed at the back.

Could you please help me with getting it right. I got it working once but not seem to replicate it again.

I am using  Adobe Livecycle Designer ES Version 8.1.2

Is it a issue with the version.

Also,

The main master page set has a master page by default. When I try creating 2 master page sets as a child of the main master page set (as you have in the sample), I am not able to delete the default master page.

I tried using your solution for my requirement but not able to.

I am working on a Purchase order form.

The layout of the form is:

First page : We have the ‘Header Details’ and the ‘Item table’ starts on the same page.

Back of first page(Page 2 in duplex printing): We have a text which covers the whole page…

this text might go to the next page also((Page 3 in duplex printing)

On the next odd page(i.e. Page 3 incase the back side text only covers first page OR 5 in case it covers 2 pages) ----- The ‘Item table’ continues on all the Odd (Front) pages only

The back of all odd pages is blank.

Also, if one chooses to e-mail this form the back and the blank pages should not be visible.

In the sample you have provided, if I hide the page the master page is hidden.

Could you please help me with it.

Regards

Neha

Former Community Member

Can you email the form to me so we are working off of the same thing? Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and reference this forum post please.

You will not be able to have the form do duplex printing (blank pages on back) and email without blank pages from the same form.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help.

I am attaching the form I had created initially (Backside.pdf, i followed a solution provide on another SAP forum) and also the form I have now changed a bit from your sample.

In the form you provided if I hide the body page 'SummaryPage' then no unwanted page is visible. I don't care if it prints a blank page at the back but it should not be there in the saved pdf.

I don't understand why odd and even settings don't work for me.

Just a hunch: can we add blank page via scripting if the page is odd while printing else no.

I will have some flags to tell me if I am printing or emailing before I render the form.

Regards

Neha