Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Hide the Acrobat Reader Menu Bar

Level 2

For my Livecycle Designer ES document, I only want the Acrobat Reader end users to use my buttons (SAVE, PRINT, EXIT) rather than the Acrobat Reader Menu Bar to access the same functions. My buttons contain various java scripts that are necessary for form completion. If they bypass these buttons using the Acrobat Reader Menu Bar (example: File, Print), then the form will not capture the data properly.

Is there a way to hide the Acrobat Reader Menu bar for my specific form through a built in function in Livecycle ES or is there a java script that can be used to hide the Reader Menu Bar?

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eric,

I am fairly sure that you cannot access the presence of the Menu Bar. I have tried here but can't get it to work.

An alternative would be to open the form full screen. When you do this the cursor changes into a click advance (to next page), but you can also turn this off.

An example is here: https://acrobat.com/#d=JK2I24ZgmsvMr6BtCQNMOg

I appreciate that the user can elect not to go into full screen or can escape out of it, but it is a rough workaround.

The following in the docReady event should work:

app.execMenuItem("FullScreen");

app.fs.clickAdvances = false;

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eric,

I am fairly sure that you cannot access the presence of the Menu Bar. I have tried here but can't get it to work.

An alternative would be to open the form full screen. When you do this the cursor changes into a click advance (to next page), but you can also turn this off.

An example is here: https://acrobat.com/#d=JK2I24ZgmsvMr6BtCQNMOg

I appreciate that the user can elect not to go into full screen or can escape out of it, but it is a rough workaround.

The following in the docReady event should work:

app.execMenuItem("FullScreen");

app.fs.clickAdvances = false;

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

You will be able to hide the menus as Niall has pointed out .....but the user can hit key combinations or change Acrobat settings to bring them back. Also the user can hit key combinations to achieve the functions that you are trying to stop (i.e. Ctrl-p to Print, Ctrl-S to save). Thats why the pre and post submit. print etc  events were created. Those events can be used to accomplish what you are trying to do with the buttons even though they are hitting differnt menu items to get there.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 2

Hello Niall,

The full screen script will work for my particular form even though it does not protect against a user selecting CNTL+P.  My requestor tells me that this approach is acceptable.

Thanks,

Eric

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Your tip regarding prePrint, preSubmit, etc. is a great tip.  Unfortunately, this approach will not work for my particular form.  My PRINT button appears in 3 separate subforms and populates depending on which radio button the end user selects at the beginning of the form fill.  Each PRINT button has its own unique validation java script.  If the validation script was common throughout the form, then your suggestion would be the best solution.

I will certainly use the preXXXXX for my future forms.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on this terrific forum.  You folks are making me look real good.

Sincerely,

Eric

Level 1

Hi all,forums.adobe.com/thread/695426

I have similiar problems for relization.
My question:

How or where can I implement (using ACROBAT 11 PRO) the following lines:

1. app.execMenuItem("FullScreen");
  2. app.fs.clickAdvances = False;

Thanks for further information,

Regards JuMa