Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Hide repeating table section

Level 9

I am trying to hide only the repeating table sections ("ActionItemsGrp") that have a date entered in the "ClosedDate" date field when a button is clicked. This is the code I have been trying to get to work:

Capture1.PNG

This is my form hierarchy:

Capture2.PNG

Can't figure out what is wrong with the script.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Oh ya no, subformSet's can't be hidden. Didn't see that.

Just take your existing code and add Row3 4 and 6 to hide...Also you don't need the third 'for' loop because your Row5 doesn't repeat.

Should look like this:

for (var a=0;a<Form1._Table1.count;a++){

for (var b=0;b<Form1.Table1.all.item(a)._ActionItemGrp.count;b++){

if (Form1.Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row5.ClosedDate.rawValue!==null){

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row3.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row4.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row5.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row6.presence="hidden";

}

}

}

Also it might be easier at this point to use plain subforms instead of tables. That way you could just wrap all those 'Rows' in a subform and hide that subform. The only time I use tables is when I want the cells in a row to expand equally during run-time.

Kyle

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 8

What does it say in your JavaScript console (Ctrl-J)?

Kyle

Level 9

When I click the button nothing happens.

Here's my console...

Capture3.PNG

Level 8

Looks like the condition in your second 'for' loop doesn't include the instance index for your Table1: b<Form1.Table1.all.item(a)._ActionItemGrp.count

Kyle

Level 9

This is what I have now but the button still does not work. Do you see anything else wrong? I only want to hide the entire "ActionItemGrp" when row 5 has a date in "ClosedDate" field.

Capture4.PNG

Level 8

I see all.items when it should be all.item. That should definitely come up as an exception in your console.

Kyle

Level 9

My console used to pop-up during errors but doesn't anymore. What settings are correct for Acrobat X under the javaScript settings window?

Capture5.PNG

Level 9

Here's my form... can you take a look at it for me?

Click here for form in Workspaces

Level 8

Can't always get Workspaces. Try this.

Kyle

Level 9

Okay - I uploaded the file.

Thanks

Level 9

This is what I see in the console:

Form1 is not defined

1:Console:Exec

ReferenceError: Form1 is not defined

1:Console:Exec

undefined

Level 8

Opened your form, tried it out and the button works. Hides all the Row5's that have a Closed Date.

Kyle

Level 9

Yes - but I am trying to get the button to hide the entire "ActionItemGrp" table sections - only those that have a ClosedDate in Row5. Those without a date remain open.

Level 9

It appears table sections cannot be hidden. I need to find a script that will hide rows 3, 4, 5 and 6 (which make up the table section) only when row 5 has a closed date in the ClosedDate object.. The other sections/rows stay open.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Oh ya no, subformSet's can't be hidden. Didn't see that.

Just take your existing code and add Row3 4 and 6 to hide...Also you don't need the third 'for' loop because your Row5 doesn't repeat.

Should look like this:

for (var a=0;a<Form1._Table1.count;a++){

for (var b=0;b<Form1.Table1.all.item(a)._ActionItemGrp.count;b++){

if (Form1.Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row5.ClosedDate.rawValue!==null){

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row3.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row4.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row5.presence="hidden";

Table1.all.item(a).ActionItemGrp.all.item(b).Row6.presence="hidden";

}

}

}

Also it might be easier at this point to use plain subforms instead of tables. That way you could just wrap all those 'Rows' in a subform and hide that subform. The only time I use tables is when I want the cells in a row to expand equally during run-time.

Kyle