Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hi all looking for help removing buttons after submit by email

Level 1

Hi all I am using livecycle designer 8.2 to creating an order form with a print and and submit by email button,

I have both buttons working and only visible on screen and invisible when printing.

The form also changes from interactive to non-interactive before it is submitted by email with an access = "ReadOnly" script.

I want to have the print and submit button made invisible as well as the form to be non-interactive after the submit button is selected.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

That is fairly straightforward. You can access the .presence property of both buttons as part of the non-interactive script or standalone in the postSubmit event.

myPrintButtonName.presence = "invisible";

mySubmitButtonName.presence = "invisible";

The only concern would be if the submit failed, the user would not be able to re-submit. Hiding the print button, would not prevent the user printing from the menu print command.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thanks, Easy when you know how.

I will try that out

I wonder is there any way to get it to re-appear if the send fails.

I have some fields compulsory and if they are not filled out it will fail to send.

I have the same issue with the read only after submit.

Any one ???

Level 10

Hi,

The easiest approach is to split the script. The 'Submit' button would validate the form first. If the required fields are completed it would execute the submit script that would be in the click event of a hidden button. If required fields are not filled in then the script would just throw up a messageBox alerting the user.

That will get over the required fields/validation/submission issue, however once the process has gone outside of Acrobat/Reader I don't think you will be able to track completion of the submission. For example if the submission is via email and the user fails to complete that process or if the submission is http and the internet connection is down. In these scenarios you may run into trouble if the submission button is hidden - it may confuse the user.

Niall