Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HELP! How to limit numerical range with a cell.

Level 1

Hi,

I'm VERY new to Livecycle Designer ES.

I'm trying to create a simple calibration form, and need to limit the input in a cell to a specified numerical range.

Example:

Cell 1Cell 2
ToleranceFinal Reading after calibration
1.35-1.47 VrmsThis value must be within 1.35-1.47  <--this is what I need to limit!

It would be nice to have an error window popup explaining the error, but not required.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Bryan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Under the Validation event for your field, in the script editor insert the following:

this.rawValue>=1.35 && this.rawValue<=1.47;

Then to set what you want as an error message, just go to the Object pallette. Under the 'Value' tab at the bottom you can type in your error message in the 'Validation Script Message'. Checking that Error checkbox is just the difference between the icon that shows up in your error window.

Hope this helps.

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Under the Validation event for your field, in the script editor insert the following:

this.rawValue>=1.35 && this.rawValue<=1.47;

Then to set what you want as an error message, just go to the Object pallette. Under the 'Value' tab at the bottom you can type in your error message in the 'Validation Script Message'. Checking that Error checkbox is just the difference between the icon that shows up in your error window.

Hope this helps.

Kyle

Level 1

Thanks very much Kyle!

That did the trick.

Bryan

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----