Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Have ADEP Document Services 10.0 with Acrobat 9, need to update to Acrobat 2017

Level 1

I inherited support of ADEP Document Services 10.0 with Acrobat 9. I need to update the installed Acrobat version to Acrobat 2017. I can't figure out how to do that. We tried uninstalling 9 and installing 2017, but now the watched folders that used to OCR PDFs do not work.

[Moved out of the LiveCycle General Discussions forum to an Acrobat forum - moderator]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tim.agen

ADEP is no longer supported. I have sent you a private message with some information, hope that helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

is acrobat 2017 installed and working correctly (other than a problem with your watched folders)?

Level 1

@kglad, thank you for the reply.

Acrobat 2017 isinstalled yes. Two of the watched folders perform OCR. They do not error, but they do not OCR incoming PDFs. A third watched folder runs some Optimization rules. Initially, that one failed with a log file telling me to update the Acrobat_PATH environmental variable. I did that and now it fails with a different error: "ALC-PDG-011-040-Error occurred while optimizing the PDF document. See logs for details." I've looked for the logs it might be referring to, but failed to find.

Level 3

This watched folders are not part of Adobe Acrobat. Where do you specify this folders?

Level 1

@Bernd Alheit, sorry for any confusion. I originally posted this question in the LiveCycle General Discussions (as it's related to ADEP 10.0) and have been moved around a bit by mods.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tim.agen

ADEP is no longer supported. I have sent you a private message with some information, hope that helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.