Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting value from Dropdown box or self-insert.

Level 1

Hi, I'm fairly new to LiveCycle, and I'm having some scripting problems.

I'm creating a calculation sheet for a game; the idea is players can fill in numbers on a form on one page, and print out a smaller calculated version on another. The players would enter in their various bonuses to their stats or skills, like Strength or Constitution, into a number of numeric fields, which would calculate to one numeric field on the small page.

What I'm trying to accomplish now is miscellaneous fields, numeric fields that have dropdown boxes near them. If the dropdown box's value is Misc, then the numeric field is open. If the dropdown box's value is, say, Strength or Constitution, then the numeric field will change to that value. Currently, I'm having trouble getting the two fields to work together at all.

I don't know if there's a way to attach PDFs to these posts, so I've uploaded it to my site.

http://mikholmes.com/mik/AutoCalcSheet.pdf

Currently, under "Initiative and Speed," on the right, underneath the dropdown box marked Misc, I have a numeric value. In it's calculation script is a switch referencing the dropdown box. I'm fairly sure this isn't the way to go about it. Would anyone have an idea how to fix this?

(Note, there is an error about Misc[1].rawValue not being found. That's not the problem, that's me forgetting to save and uploading a file before fixing that.)

I hope I explained myself well.

Thanks in advance!

Mik

0 Replies