Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting info for all my fields

Level 2

Hi, I am pretty much a newbi. I am the forms manager for an insurance company. We are in the process of converting our exisiting forms to Live Cycle Designer forms. I have a frustrating problem. I need to know if there is a plug in or 3rd party tool that will give me a list of all the field properties on all pages.

The problem is that I spend way to much time trying to make sure the fonts and point sizes and colors are correct. We have some forms that are 12 or more pages.

Thanks

Ted

9 Replies

Level 10

I don't know such tool, but you can go to the XML source view and use the find and replace function (ctrl+h) to replace font settings, colors etc. for all fields in one go.

Find_Replace1.png

Level 7

Hey Ted-

I think I understand what you are looking for. I wrote a little applet for lack of a better term that you can easily add to any form. Then all you need to do is click it and it will generate a spreadsheet that has ever page, ever field and gives font, size, color information. It also shows tooltip info and/or custom text. I have several customers using it. I would be happy to post it if that sounds like something that will solve your problem.

Mike

Level 2

Michael-

That sounds exactly what I am looking form. It would be great if we could get something like that. Is it easy to use? I am a fairly new to Live Cycle Designer. Can we download it or can you send it to us. Is there a cost for you? Thanks for your help. My email is tedmills40@gmail.com.

Level 7

Ted -

I sent you the tool. I hope it works for you. If you have any problems with it let me know.

I hope it works for you.

Mike

Level 2

Mike-

I did get it and I have been working with it since this morning. This is great. I think it is exactly what we need. It was easy to figure out how to use. I may be interested in some customization but my team needs to look at it first.

Thanks for your help

Ted

Level 1

Hi Mike,

I work with LiveCycle as well, I am fairly new to the product and I am looking for a way to retrieve the information about all the fields in my form (length type,etc)  I noticed you were able to help Ted.  Could you also point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Lynda

Level 1

Mike,

Also, my email address is lynda.sookbir@gmail.com.

Lynda

Level 7

Lynda-

I am happy to make it available to you. I need a bit of time to write some instructions for it. I had not thought about that when I sent it to Ted. I will email it to you within an hour or so.

Mike

Level 1

Hi Mike,

Okay.  Thank you for your help!!

Lynda