Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Get current master page number in formcalc/Javascript

Level 2

I have two master pages in my Adobeform and i need to get the current master page number to assign that value to the field in subform of bodypage.

i have tried below things to get current master page number and total count of current master page but it is giving page numbers including all the master pages.

$layout.page ( ref ( $ ) )--->giving current page number(including all master pages)

$layout.pageCount()--> total page count(including all master pages)

Kindly provide the logic to get the current master page number and count.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

so I guess you're trying to get the n-th instance of a master page used as background of a specific form page? In that case you'll need a combination of several scripting methods to find out. 

Given you have a field somewhere in the form, to display the current index the script looks this way: 

this.rawValue = xfa.layout.pageContent( xfa.layout.absPage(this).toString(), "pageArea", true).item(0).index + 1;

How it works:

Determine the 0-based-page number of the field with xfa.layout.absPage(this) and convert it to a string with toString(). Then get a node list of page areas used for that page with xfa.layout.pageContent( …, "pageArea", true). Now select the first item of that node list by item(0) and return it's 0-based index number and add 1.

Simple, isn't it?! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

so I guess you're trying to get the n-th instance of a master page used as background of a specific form page? In that case you'll need a combination of several scripting methods to find out. 

Given you have a field somewhere in the form, to display the current index the script looks this way: 

this.rawValue = xfa.layout.pageContent( xfa.layout.absPage(this).toString(), "pageArea", true).item(0).index + 1;

How it works:

Determine the 0-based-page number of the field with xfa.layout.absPage(this) and convert it to a string with toString(). Then get a node list of page areas used for that page with xfa.layout.pageContent( …, "pageArea", true). Now select the first item of that node list by item(0) and return it's 0-based index number and add 1.

Simple, isn't it?! 

Level 2

kindly help me to get the current master count(total number of current master page)