Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

get All group from LCES using Livecycle java API

Level 2

Hello ,

Can anyone told me how i can retrieve all the groups that exist in my livecyle using JAVA API.

Some method who return all groups ??

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 2

Yeah i have get look at the Directory manager

but i didn't find any method who return the whole group existing in my livecycle directory.

so please if you can tell me wich one i'll be glad

thanks !

Former Community Member

You can get user/groups by using the PrincipalSearchFilter API,

PrincipalSearchFilter psf = new PrincipalSearchFilter();

psf.setSpecificDomainName(domainName); // Optional - if you know which domain you are searching within

psf.setCanonicalName(canonicalName); // Optional - if the canonical name of the group is known
psf.setCommonName(cn); // Optional - if the common name of the group is known
psf.setDomainOids(domainOids); - // Optional - if searching within a list of domains
psf.setPrincipalOid(principalOid); - // Optional - if the OID of hte user/group is knwon
psf.setPrincipalType(Principal.PRINCIPALTYPE_GROUP); - //Recommended - refines the search to a User or Group
psf.setRetrieveOnlyActive(); - // Recommended - returns only ative users/groups and not obsolete/deleted users/groups
psf.setResultsMax(int resultsMax); - // optional -to limit the search result

List<Principal> resultList = directoryManager.findPrincipals(psf);

You can then typecast the Principals fetched into User or Group.

Level 2

First Thank you for your answer

I tried this part

//Set connection properties required to invoke LiveCycle ES

Properties connectionProps = new Properties();

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT, "jnp://test:1099");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE, "JBoss");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME, "administrator");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD, "password");

ServiceClientFactory scf = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

DirectoryManager directoryManager = new DirectoryManagerServiceClient(scf);

PrincipalSearchFilter psf = new PrincipalSearchFilter();

psf.setPrincipalType(Principal.PRINCIPALTYPE_GROUP);  //Recommended - refines the search to a User or Group

psf.setRetrieveOnlyActive(); // Recommended - returns only ative users/groups and not obsolete/deleted users/groups

List<Principal> resultList = directoryManager.findPrincipals(psf);

System.out.println("Done");

and when I check the result of my list I find incomprehensible informations.

So when I debug the code ,  my list  contains little information.

NB : my LDAP contains hundreds of groups.

Any suggestion

Any code Source.